Business & Finance

Monday, April 13, 2009

WIll I win this case?

I got terminated for being intoxicated, yet no drug test was done. It was suggested but once I told my boss firmly "I am not drunk" he told me to go home. I called him when I went home and explained the situation. I told him I didnt sleep the night before And i was exhausted. My shift started at 7. They didnt accuse me of being drunk til 12, after I returned from an hour late lunch cause i feel asleep!!! When i returned I was still half awake and when they asked me questions I responded with " I dunno". Once I realized the severity of this I guess my adrenaline kicked on and I was more responsive. I returned to work the next day and continued working for a month with no disciplinary action for this incident. A month later I got sent home and called into the office given another reason for being terminated (accused of PURPOSELY given extra product to a customer, even tho it is the managers responsiblity to check the order before it goes out, and that he did, so the extra product was not given, I dont even recall pulling the extra product but they said I did ) the intoxication issue was brought up but not the cause of termination it happened a month earlier with no test!! anyways, I came into work the day of this incident extremely exhausted because of the hours I was given, I asked my manager to change the schedule cause I wasnt getting enough sleep, he declined. Mind you, I worked an hour an a half away, and they knew this by the time i got home, showered etc I would only be getting three hours of sleep. Sometimes I culdnt sleep at all not because I didnt want to but because I had to It seems as if they put me on a unmanageable schedule on purpose, When i was first hired I was told of a better schedule, every other saturday off and sundays off... but I was working every saturday ALONG with being the ONLY person to work on sundays! the hours throughtout my work week conflicted with each other and a normal night of sleep... I was disciminated against, Got called twinkle toes by my manager, asked if I was planning to sabatage the company, cursed out and yelled out right in my face cause he didnt like my hat in front of employees and my customers who had alot of respect for me, I had helped him out with an order and afterwards he said 'alright, go take a ****, now" I was very disrespected many times to the point where I would AVOID my boss. I was labeled as a partier from the way I dressed even tho I ahrdly went out due to my "messed up" schedule.. I would ask to leave early to get some sleep, they would respond with a cocky remark such as "you just want to party" ... My question is AM I AT fault? Can I win this appeal?



No because the company will just argue that for whatever your reason you were not doing your job. You were not giving a full days work for a full days pay.




You can try.




why would u write so much? i lost interest in 3 sentences...you might have been intoicated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Business Loans

Local Businesses

Business & Finance