Business & Finance

Monday, April 13, 2009

A question for all you bankers...and shopaholics. :P?

so,


today i spent like 150 on my debit card


i have a savings account..


and i went to buy a juice and my card got denied 10 times and is it cuz i spent to much cuz its a savings account...


and im only 16 ..so will they phone my parents or something about me 'maxing out' my debit card?..


cuz if they do i will be in huge trouble...


this has never happened before..


will someone please help !!



you ran out of money debits cant be maxed out it's like having all your cash in your wallter in a card form so your out oh money




Sounds like your parents put a built-in break on your spending habits.





Either you have a daily spending limit ($150) or you have a limit on how often you can use the card during one business day.





The money you have is not on your card. It is in your savings account and your card gives you access to that money.





Looks like your parents put a daily max. on your account.





(I put a limit on what my daughter was allowed to spend in a day for the first year she had her own bank account. After she proved to me that she can handle her account responsibly I raised her limit.


Until then she could only spend x-amount a day. If she tried to go over the card was denied.





Of course... you could just call the 1-800 on the back of the card and talk to a bank rep. to find out why your card was denied...


you need your bank account number and pin number for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Business Loans

Local Businesses

Business & Finance